Share Devils Fan Blog

Share/Bookmark

Friday, April 23, 2010

One and Out: 3 Years in a Row

Face offs, hits, PP, PK, Passing, Turnovers; You name it, the devils have had many issues to deal with this series. We can all pick apart little things that were done, like the line shuffling or the choice of who plays who sits. We can probably go on and on criticizing after the fact. But there is one thing that stands out to me more then anything; the lack of heart this team has.

It started 3 years ago being knocked out in the playoffs by the new york rangers. I specifically recall Parise getting his front teeth knocked out by cross check to the face. Not one of his teammates went after the Ranger who did that, Not ONE!

Last year against the Carolina Hurricanes we suffered a heartbreaking loss in the final minutes of the series. The Hurricanes were all over Brodeur. No One protected him. The Team did not protect him.

If you asked me what type of game last night was from watching I would have said pre-season. The fact that they were fighting for their playoff lives was not apparent. After being down 1-0 after the first, I would have taken Leblonde aside and said "As soon as the puck drops, whoever you are standing next to, I want you to beat the crap out of that flyer. I don't care if you get a game misconduct."

Leblonde played maybe 2 minutes last night. We were out hit, out played and had no aggressiveness. Why have a player that can fight and bring some fear to the ice? He wasn't used and he wasted a spot for a more seasoned player like Pandolfo.

This series was pathetic. If we lost because we tried I probably wouldn't make a big deal. However, last night down 3-1 in the series. The team didn't even show up.

With Vanderbeek's comment seeming like he didn't even care, how can you expect your team to care. "It's just a game" Thanks Jeff.

I am now asking the team to refund my money for last night's game too.


For now I'm out.
Til next season, or the draft party, Ross Out!

1 comment:

  1. OMG so true! Thank you we should our comments to the players and know we are more then disappointed.

    ReplyDelete